* Gentle wasp-waisted corset to give you a gentle 1950s silhouette
* Please deduct 3-4 inches from your waist to determine your Zita corset size
* Modesty panel available separately
* Cotton twill lining and internal waist tape and modesty panel
* Steel busk front opening with a combination of 20 spiral and 6 flat steel bones
Steel boned underbust corset with gored hips, and ideal starter corset for a wasp waist: the ideal shape of the 1950s.
Zita is great for if you have a modern figure (less than 10 inches between your waist and hips). If you do have a modern 'straight up and down' figure it will accentuate your hips, resulting in a more 1950s vintage silhouette.
The sizes below are reduced waist sizes (ie, the corset size when it is closed). You will need to deduct 3-4 inches from your waist to determine your Zita corset size.
To fit full rib and full hip measurements when completely closed. We recommend leaving a gap of 3, working down to 2, inches at the back of your corset. The 2-3 inches will have to be added to the rib and hip measurements below depending on the size of the gap you require.
* length along front busk 10.75"
* centre back length 11.25"
* underbust to hip (princess seam) 9.75"
* length from underarm to waist 5"
* length from waist to bottom 5"
To fit ribcage (5" up from waist) and hip (5" down from waist). Measurements when completely closed.
Zita 20" ribcage-24"/61cm hip-30"/76cm
Zita 22" ribcage-26"/66cm hip-33"/84cm
Zita 24" ribcage-28"/71cm hip-35"/89cm
Zita 28" ribcage-32"/81cm hip-39"/99cm
Zita 30" ribcage-34"/86.6cm hip-41"/104cm
Zita 32" ribcage-36"/91.5cm hip-43"/109cm