* Versatile '50s inspired Merry Widow Basque
* Removable bra straps: wear strapless under strapless dresses or with straps when you want a little more support
* 6 detachable garters: wear with or without stockings
* Internal elastic waist tape to add definition to your waistline
* Hook and eye fastening at front makes this Merry Widow easy to put on alone
* Spiral steel boning used throughout
It wasn't until the 1950s that bare shoulders were fashionable. This decade saw strapless dresses, spaghetti strap dresses and halter neck dresses all become fashionable. Great news for those who could afford couture (which incorporated inbuilt corsetry) or the young and flat chested, but what about the rest of us?
The Merry Widow was the answer. This garment was designed to cinch your waist, support your breasts and hold up your stockings while remaining invisible under the new necklines.
Inspired by the original Merry Widows of the 1950s our Lulu Noir basque is packed full of vintage features, from the red elastic waist tape, to the catherdral boning in the cups.